Information for First-Time Freshmen
Update Your Application
You may update your current application to a new term by completing and submitting our Update Application Form. This will let our office know of your new expected term of entry to UT Arlington, any address changes, any changes in major, any additional colleges attended since your last application, and any citizenship or residency changes.
You should only complete this application IF:
- You have previously submitted an undergraduate application for
admission within 3 semesters prior to your new expected term of entry.
If it has been longer than 3 semesters, you must submit a new
application by applying at www.applytexas.org.
- You are continuing in the EAP (Early Admission) program.
- You have applied, been admitted, or even enrolled in a term which has not yet started, but would like to update to an earlier term which has also not yet started.
You do not need to update if you are currently enrolled at UT Arlington and plan to continue your enrollment at UT Arlington the next term.
You do not have to pay the application fee IF:
- You paid the application fee with your initial undergraduate
application to UT Arlington or you are continuing in the EAP program.
- You have not previously updated your application to another term. UT Arlington allows you to update your application to another term one time at no charge as long as your original application is within 3 semesters of your new expected term of entry. Same is true if you are updating to an earlier term.
If you do not meet these two criteria, you will be required to submit a $50 application fee in the form of a check or money order to our office. Include in the address "Attn: Application Fee Section".
If you are required to pay the application fee and it is past the application deadline for the new term you are applying to, you will be subject to a $10 surcharge. Please send a check or money for $60 to our office in the event you are past the application deadline.
You may be required to submit additional documents (transcripts, test scores, etc.) not previously submitted with your original application. Please allow one week for our office to determine what (or if) new materials are required to complete your application and render an admissions decision. You can access the status of your application online at www.uta.edu/mymav. Sign in with your NetID and password and then click on Student Center. Should you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions, Records & Registration at 817-272-6287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Update Application Form
Use the Application Update Form to update your application for a new term.
Dr. Joseph Bohanon formed the Native American Alumni Alliance, which brings American Indian alumni together to support scholarships for the Native American Student Association.