Information for International Undergraduates
Accepted International Freshman Checklist
These checklists are for freshman international students who have been admitted to UT Arlington.
Before You Arrive in the United States
- Apply early for a visa to study in the U.S.
- Review your Pre-Arrival letter posted on the UTA Office of International Education website
- Submit bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation to Magnus Health SMR
- If you plan to live on campus, submit your housing applicaiton online.
After You Arrive in the United States
- Attend one of the international student orientation programs (dates are also in your Pre-Arrival letter)
- Remember to bring the following documents with you orientation
- I-94 "Arrival/Departure" card
- I-20 or DS 2019
- UT Arlington Acceptance letter
- Update your physical address in MyMav
- Purchase UTA student health insurance at orientation or supply proof of coverage (more details are included in your Pre-Arrival Letter)
- Register for classes in MyMav
- After you have registered for classes, see what textbooks your professors require by logging into your Student Center in MyMav. You can purchase textbooks online from the UTA Bookstore
- Get your Mav ID card made at the Mav Express Office in the University Center
- Pay tuition on MyMav by the payment deadline
- Attend classes
Every spring, the International Student Organization plans the popular International Week, which includes a parade, food fair, fashion show, and more.