Information for International Undergraduates
International Transfer StudentsFor admission as an international transfer student, the following requirements must be met.
- Transfer applicants with one year or less of college/university level course work must also submit secondary school (high school) records as described under International Freshman Students.
- Transfer student applicants must submit official transcripts/marksheets from all colleges attended, U.S. and abroad. The minimum grade point average for admission is 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting minimum criteria will not guarantee admission.
- International students who have less than 30 semester hours are required to submit SAT I scores before an admissions decision can be made. Scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. The institution code for UT-Arlington is 6013. Information on registering for the SAT I may be obtained from the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate. Normally, scores are reported six to eight weeks from the test date. Scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. Information on registering for the SAT I may be obtained from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Normally, scores are reported six to eight weeks from the test date. Minimum Scores: Pre-engineering - 1200. For more information see the Admission to the College of Engineering section of the catalog.
- The TOEFL test is required of all international student applicants from non-native English speaking countries. The minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper-based test or 213 for the computer-based test or 79 on the internet-based test. Scores must be sent directly from ETS (Educational Testing Service). Please keep in mind that ETS will not release scores older than two (2) years.
- The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service requires that international students show proof that adequate resources are available to meet their first year of educational and living expenses, currently estimated at $37,315.00. Therefore, the Financial Statement form must be completed and returned with the indicated documentation before an I-20 can be issued. The following sections of the form must be completed: Statement of Resources, Sponsor Statement, and Bank Statement (see each individual section for appropriate substitutes).
- International Students Currently Enrolled in Educational Institutions in the U.S.
Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations require confirmation that students in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa must have established transfer eligibility before transfer is initiated by the new institution. Please follow the instructions on the form School Transfer Notification for F-1 Visa Holders.
- Application Fee—a non-refundable $60 application fee is required for all international students.
You won’t find any barriers to athletic recreation and competition thanks to UT Arlington’s adaptive sports program.