Information for Transfer Students
Since success begins with the first step, you are well on your way. Now that you have been accepted, there are a few more things to consider in order to ensure your transition goes smoothly.
- Meningitis Requirements- Texas Senate Bill 1107 requires all new students or students returning after being out for one spring or fall semester that are under the age of 30 be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Learn more about the requirements for students enrolling in spring 2012 on the meningitis vaccine frequent questions page.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor by contacting the academic department of your major. Once you meet with your advisor, you will work with them to determine your class schedule and set up your degree plan. You can find out who your advisor is online.
- Verify your TSI status on MyMav and turn in any documentation to meet TSI requirements before registering for classes.
- You may also want to explore housing options by calling our Housing Office at 817-272-2791 or visit them on the web at www.uta.edu/housing.
- UT Arlington requires all transfer students attend an orientation program that specifically addresses the needs of transfer students. Learn more about it at www.uta.edu/orientation/transfer/about-orientation.
- Once open registration begins, you can register for classes through your MyMav Student Center. Remember your Net ID and password because you will need it in order to register.
- To purchase or rent your books for class, you can stop by the UTA Bookstore on campus or order online at www.uta.edu/bookstore.
- Stop by the Mav Express office in the University Center to get your Mav Express Card (student id) made. Your card gives you access to the library, Maverick Activities Center, and Health Center. It will also get you student discounts all over the DFW metroplex.
- Get ready for the Maverick Stampede. It is the official kick off to the new academic year. Learn more at www.uta.edu/maverickstampede.
Find a shuttle to get you from the parking lot to class or from one side of campus to another.