Information for Transfer Students
Freshman Transfer Requirements
For admission as a freshman transfer, a student must meet the requirements stated below:
TRANSFER ADMISSION CRITERIA, Fall 2012-Spring 2013
|Minimum Transferable Credit Hours||Minimum Acceptable GPA||Curriculum Requirements|
|Less than 12 hours||2.25||Must meet freshman admission requirements AND have at least a 2.25 GPA on all transfer work|
|12||3.0||Core curriculum only; No developmental coursework or grades of "D" or below; All credits issued by an accredited institution; Meeting freshman admission requirements will not be required for students in this category|
|13-23||2.25||Must meet freshman admission requirements AND have at least a 2.25 GPA on all transfer work; No developmental coursework when calculating minimum transferable credit hours or GPA; Grades of "D" or below do not transfer; All credits must be issued by an accredited institution|
Note: Please submit college transcripts if you have dual credit or have been concurrently enrolled at a college.
Meeting the above minimum university admissions requirements does not guarantee admission. In addition, students who are granted admission to the university are not guaranteed admission to a specific academic program.
Freshman transfers to UT Arlington must
- Thoroughly complete an application form (essay questions are optional).
- Include the non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (we only accept checks, money orders, or credit cards).
- Request that an official transcript be sent directly from your high school to the UT Arlington Office of Admissions. The transcript should show your rank in class and completed or expected graduation date.
- Ask for your official SAT and/or ACT scores to be sent directly to UT Arlington. These scores can be shown on your transcript or requested from your high school counselor.
- Request that official transcripts from all colleges previously attended be sent directly to the UT Arlington Office of Admissions.
We encourage you to apply by the preferred application deadline date or as soon thereafter as possible. Application processing requires time to evaluate credentials, address Texas Success Initiative (TSI) issues and review data.
Submitting credentials significantly past the preferred deadline date may impede your eligibility to register for classes.
For more detailed information, please see the Freshman Transfers section on the Undergraduate Admissions page of the Undergraduate Catalog.
Submit Application and Pre-Admission Inquiries
See our contact information.
Students with disabilities can find assistive technology, alternative media, and other accommodations for learning.