graduate application procedures
- Get an application form, fill it out and send it with the application fee to the Graduate School at UTA. They will then start a file for you.
- Have your transcripts officially sent to the Graduate School at UTA, even if you are an undergraduate at UTA.
- 1000 GRE score is required of all applicants for all Paths on the Quantitative and Verbal sections.
- Submit a Portfolio copy (no originals) no larger than 11"x14" to: UTA School of Architecture, Attention: Graduate Advisor, 601 W. Nedderman Dr., Suite 203, Arlington, TX 76019. If you would like your portfolio returned, please accompany with a self-addressed/postage-paid envelope.
- Have three recommendations (preferably from academic sources) sent to the architecture school.
- Write and send a one page letter of intent (why you want to study for a Master of Architecture degree at UTA) to the graduate admissions at the architecture school.
- Submission deadline for entering in the fall semester is January 15th. If you have a 3.0 GPA or better but your application is not yet approved for graduate school, you can reserve up to 12 hours of graduate courses taken as an undergraduate or as a degreed undergraduate for credit in the graduate program with prior approval of the School of Architecture Graduate Advisor. 9 hours of undergraduate credit in 3000 or 4000 level courses may be reserved for graduate credit if they were not used for undergraduate credit and with prior approval of the School of Architecture Graduate Advisor.
TOEFL is required of all applicants whose native language is not English must have a demonstrated speaking ability in English, and must meet the program’s minimum required score of 575-paper base, 213-Computer Base, 80 IBTOEFL, 7 IELTS. All Applicants who do not meet this requirement must complete extramural training in English.