We are excited to welcome you to the Studio, Media Arts + Art History Department! We look forward to getting to know you and your individual interests within your specific degree plan. As your academic advisors, we are committed to guiding you through important decisions related to your academic progress as well as supporting your educational/career goals from your first day on campus until the day you graduate! It has been proven that increased frequency of student-advisor contact is a positive factor during your time at UTA and should be taken into consideration each semester. Please follow the guidelines listed below to set up an appointment with your art advisor today.
Scheduling Your Appointment
Appointments are scheduled by calling the Art Office telephone number: 817-272-2891. To set an advising appointment to meet with an academic advisor please have the following information on hand.
- Student ID # (1000xxxxxx)
- Reason for Appointment (Advising, General Questions, Internship, etc.)
- Status (Current, Transfer, Prospective Student)
- Area of Concentration
- Phone Number
- UTA Email Address (or personal email if not current student)
(Note: Emailing your advisor to set up an appointment can result in lost time and inefficiency.)
We look forward to providing the information and support for your academic success. If you have any questions regarding advising, please do not hesitate to email an advisor listed below or call the main office (817.272.2891).
The Advising Syllabus is a comprehensive outline of policy and procedure please keep a digital copy on file for your reference.
The Department of Studio, Media Arts + Art History faculty, staff and student employees serve more than 700 students enrolled in 11 different undergraduate and 4 different graduate areas. The department is nationally accredited through the National Association of School of Art and Design (NASAD) Facts Page.
- Retention for Freshman Undergraduates in 2011 = 78%
- Total Number of enrolled Undergraduate students in fall 2012 = 775
- Total number of graduates in AY 2011-2012 = 132
- Total number of graduates in AY 2012-2013 = 160
- Total number of MFA students in fall 2012 = 27
- Total number of internships in 2012 = 64
- Degrees offered – B.A. Art, B.A. Art History, B.F.A., and M.F.A
The advising office is located in room 335 in the Fine Arts Building.
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Phone: 817.272.2891 (please call to schedule an appointment)
If you have a quick, general question to ask, please feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org