A stable DSL, cable, or satellite connection is required to use Blackboard. Direct connections to the router are preferred over wireless or satellite connections.
These are the minimum system requirements for using Blackboard.
- 1G RAM
- 166 MHz processor/508 Power PC
- screen resolution of 600×800
- Broadband internet connection
- Windows XP or higher or
- Mac OS 10.5 or higher
Make sure you have the listed version of the following programs:
- Mozilla Firefox latest release - Download or open up Firefox, select Help, then select Check for Updates.
- Internet Explorer 8 or version 9
- Safari 5 or 5.1 (Mac)
- Java latest release
- Uninstall all previous versions of Java on your computer, if they are not removed during the update.
- Adobe Reader (latest version)
- Adobe Flash Player (latest version)
- Apple Quicktime (latest version)
See also Blackboard’s list of Supported Browsers and Operating Systems.