Graduate Business Internships - Policies and Procedures
Eligibility for internship for credit:
- UTA degree-seeking graduate students in the College of Business
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 9 hours completed
- Has 3 hours of available business electives
- The Graduate Internship Packet must be completed by the student and approved by the appropriate internship coordinator. (Students must secure a Graduate Internship Packet from the Business Advising Center, Business Building, Suite 107, or on the Graduate Business Services website before the application deadline.)
- No credit will be given for previous experience or activities
- Maximum credit is 3 hours per student.
Before the deadline shown on the face of the packet, the student must do the following:
- Complete and submit Form 1, Graduate Internship form, to the Graduate Advising Office, Business Building, Suite 107. The appropriate graduate advisor will review the student's Graduate Maverick Academic Report (GMAP) for available elective hours. If a GMAP (degree plan) change is required, please allow two weeks for processing.
- All forms must be completed and approved before a student may register for the internship course and before the activities for which credit is requested have begun.
- Internships are graded on a pass/fail basis.
- Note: MS INSY majors must have completed 9 hours of graduate INSY courses before they could be considered for internship for credit.
- Fill out Form 2, Request for Internship Registration. Student must take Forms 1 and 2 to the appropriate internship coordinator. The internship coordinator will review, make a decision regarding the student's internship request, and if approved, clear the student to register and receive credit hours for the internship.
- The major department internship coordinator will give the student Form 3, Informal Agreement, to complete. All 3 Forms must be filled out before a student may register for the internship course and before the activities for which credit is requested have begun. (The internship coordinators are listed by area of internship along with their contact information on the face of the internship packet.) When the student returns the completed Form 3 to the coordinator, enrollment information will then be given to the student. International students must attach a CPT Form to Form 3 in order to enroll.
- Hours of credit allowed:
- 3 hours credit - must work a minimum of 240 hours (Equates to 15 hours/week for 16 weeks or 40 hours/week for 6 weeks.)
- 2 hours credit - must work a minimum of 160 hours
- 1 hour credit - must work a minimum of 80 hours
- Write a paper relating studies to internship
- Keep a diary of work activities
- Employer appraisal
- Payment to student for work is not required
- Grade is pass/fail
Need More Information on Internships? Please see...