College of Business Fast Facts
2013 Profile: Setting the Course for the Future of Business
The College of Business at UT Arlington is home to innovative thinkers who know business—a place where blazing new trails is the norm. One of the largest business schools in the nation, the college prepares a diverse population of more than 5,600 students each year for their future roles as leaders, innovators and game-changers.
- By 1959, Arlington State College offered a professional degree in business (undifferentiated), and added a baccalaureate program in accounting in 1966. In 1965, the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, which oversaw programs in liberal arts, science and business, was separated into three schools: the School of Liberal Arts, School of Business and School of Science. The first dean of the School of Business was Dr. Wallace B. Nelson.
AACSB Accredited since 1969
Dean: Dr. Rachel Croson
Faculty: 106 full-time faculty, 72 tenured and tenure-track
- Finance and Real Estate
- Information Systems and Operations Management
- 15 Undergraduate Degree Programs
- The M.B.A. in Cohort and Flexible formats
- The Executive M.B.A. in the U.S. and China
- 9 Specialized Business Master's Degrees
- The Ph.D. in Business in six major fields
Alumni: More than 40,000
Endowments: More than $23 million (market value)
- The College of Business was recognized as one of the “Best 295 Business Schools” in 2014 by The Princeton Review.
- The Dallas Business Journal ranked The University of Texas at Arlington fourth on its MBA Programs 2013 list of area schools and programs with the largest enrollments. UT Arlington had 861 MBA students enrolled in fall 2013. In all, 14 schools and programs were ranked.
- The College of Business undergraduate business program shot 22 spots to #119, up from #141 last year in U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 rankings.
- The College of Business was recognized as one of the “Best 296 Business Schools” in 2013 by The Princeton Review.
- The Accounting graduate program ranked 3rd among state public universities in a 2010 report by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
- The Master of Science in Marketing Research consistently recognized as one of the top programs of its kind in the nation.
- One of the largest Executive MBA programs in China, ranked among the top three programs offered jointly by a Chinese university and a foreign university.
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report among the best undergraduate business programs and part-time M.B.A. programs.
- Ranked 67th nationally for marketing faculty research publications according to UT Dallas study (2009-2012).
- Ranked 79th nationally for accounting faculty research publications according to UT Dallas study (2009-2012).