The MBA Flexible with a Concentration in Economics
The MBA with an Economics concentration is designed to prepare students for careers in the private and government sectors that require solid analytical and quantitative skills. The program provides the skills and knowledge required by a broad spectrum of private and government entities from people who are joining the labor market for the first time or want to move up in their organization. Economics area electives are designed to provide students with skills in:
- Understanding solid analytical economics and quantitative methods
- Understanding how to use forecasting/quantitative techniques
- Understanding international business economics
- Understanding the use of applied financial economics and its role in business decisions
Career OptionsA candidate with an MBA concentrating in Economics could pursue a career as a/an:
- Financial Analyst
- Credit Research Officer
- Business/Economic Forecaster
- Forensic Economist
- Market Research Consultant
- Pricing Analyst
- Economic Research Analyst
Economics Concentration Requirements
- The student must successfully complete at least three upper-level graduate economics courses in order to receive a concentration in Economics.
- These courses are in addition to ECON 5311 and ECON 5313.
- Graduate economics courses offered at UTA are listed in the Graduate Catalog along with a course description and any prerequisite(s) for each course.
- For the planned offerings of courses for the next two years, please see the Two Year Plan.
- For registration purposes, the course schedule is available through MyMav.