The MBA Flexible with a Concentration in Finance
The MBA with a Finance concentration prepares students for making a variety of financial decisions that play a vital role in defining the long-run well-being of a company. Students can benefit from the advice and experience of finance professors with a wealth of knowledge, applied research, and general know-how. Finance area electives are designed to provide students with skills in:
- Understanding of the financial decision-making processes in organizations
- Understanding of how financial markets function
- Understanding of different Finance areas, such as
- Corporate and Small Business Finance
- Health Care Finance
- Portfolios and Securities
- International Finance
Career OptionsA candidate with an MBA concentrating in Finance could pursue a career as a/an:
- Investment Banker
- Portfolio Manager
- Security Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Finance Manager
- Investor Relations Manager
- Commercial Loan Officer
- Asset Manager
Finance Concentration Requirements
- The student must successfully complete at least three upper-level graduate finance courses in order to receive a concentration in Finance.
- These courses are in addition to FINA 5311.
- Graduate finance courses offered at UTA are listed in the Graduate Catalog along with a course description and any prerequisite(s) for each course.
- For the planned offerings of courses for the next two years, please see the Two Year Plan.
- For registration purposes, the course schedule is available through MyMav.