The MBA Flexible with a Study Option in
The MBA with an International Business study option aids students in gaining a global outlook of business. The MBA with specialization in international business provides future managers with a strategic view of the challenges and opportunities facing corporations, and with the knowledge and skills to deal with such changes. International Business focused electives are designed to provide students with skills in:
- Understanding the changing international economic and technological environment
- Understanding the knowledge needed to fill general managerial positions, especially within multinational corporations
- Understanding public and private sectors, and their role in the Global Economy
Career OptionsA candidate with an MBA studying International Business could pursue a career as a/an:
- International Export Manager
- International Sales Manager
- Regional Manager
- Export Manager
- International Division Manager
- International Project Manager
- Research Advisor
International Business Study Options Requirements
- The student must successfully complete at least three upper-level graduate courses designated as “international” in order to graduate with the International Business study option.
- Graduate courses offered at UTA are listed in the Graduate Catalog along with a course description and any prerequisite(s) for each course.
- For the planned offerings of courses for the next two years, please see the Two Year Plan. Look for "international" designations.
- For registration purposes, the course schedule is available through MyMav.
- MBA students may greatly enhance their international skills by participating in the dual degree program with Thunderbird University. Under this program, the student may earn both an MBA (UT Arlington) and the Master of Global Management (Thunderbird) degrees.
- The International Business Option is not available for students who started the MBA degree after Spring 2014.