Application Deadline and Procedure for The MBA Flexible Program
The preferred Application Deadline dates can be viewed online at the UTA Office of Graduate Studies.
Application Procedure - Initial Steps
- In order to begin the admissions process, the following items are required and
should be sent directly to the UTA Office of Graduate Studies by the appropriate application deadline:
- Completed Application Form
- Application Fee
- 200 Word Statement of Academic Intent
- Transcripts from previously attended education facilities
- Bank Affidavit and Financial Statement (International students planning to enter the US on a student visa)
- These materials are initially reviewed by the UTA Office of Graduate Studies.
- If absolutely necessary, the submission of the following items may be delayed:
- Official GMAT scores (Issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). More information regarding this exam is available on the GMAC web site.
- Official TOEFL scores, if required (Issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS))
- Completed Recommendation Forms or Letters of Recommendation (3 required)
- The recommendations should be sent to the appropriate Advisor in the College of Business (CoB).
- Applicants are able to track their application status. They can receive updates along the entire process from start to finish, find out the documents that are required by the UTA Office of Graduate Studies, and find out instantly if any required documents are missing from their file.
- Admission status can also be checked by calling CoB Graduate Business Services at 817.272.3005 or by email. International students should allow 4 weeks between submission and status check.
- Once admitted to a graduate business program, the new student
will receive a letter from Graduate Business Services.
This letter will instruct the new student to make a reservation to attend a
new student orientation (NSO) session.
If the new student is admitted to UT Arlington's MBA program, but failed to receive this letter, Graduate Business Services must be contacted at 817.272.3005 or by email in order to verify the application status and to make reservations for orientation.
At this orientation session, the new student will formulate an initial Program of Work
(degree plan) which will include Deficiency and Core Classes with potential waivers
of these courses.
- After the Program of Work is approved by the advisor, new students are cleared to register for courses by using MyMav (UTA's online registration system). Please note that graduate student advising is always coordinated through CoB Graduate Business Services.
Miscellaneous Notes on Policies
When providing transcripts and GMAT scores, prospective students may begin the application process using official "issued to student" copies (NOT photocopies). Official copies of GMAT scores (purchased from the ETS) and official transcripts (purchased from the issuing institution) MUST be sent directly to the UTA Office of Graduate Studies as soon as possible.