Compressed Gas Cylinders
Compressed gases are used throughout UT Arlington for academic and work related purposes.
- Valve caps must be in place when cylinders are not in use.
- Transport cylinders with the safety cap installed and use a cylinder cart.
- Store cylinders upright and secure them using an approved device.
- Cylinders should be clearly marked with the correct chemical name.
- Cylinders containing acutely toxic gases must be stored in a designated area.
- Required personnel should be trained on the proper handling of gas cylinders.
- Cylinders must be stored according to their compatibility.
- Return spent cylinders to their manufacturer for disposal.
- Hydrostatic test university own cylinders every ten years.