Storm Water Management
509. Storm Water Management
Storm water is runoff from rainfall. It enters the storm drainage system through street inlets and drainage channels and goes to lakes and creeks untreated. Erosion control issues must also be considered.
- Establish and utilize effective storm water management and erosion control plans.
- Dispose of paint, antifreeze, cleaning chemicals and used oil properly.
- Keep leaves and grass out of storm drains.
- Design storm water controls to maximize ground infiltration and minimize discharge. Report illegal dumping.
- Clean spills from vehicles as soon as possible.
- Conduct routine inspections of all construction projects and waterways as well as monthly SPCC inspections.
- Perform proper maintenance and inspections of the storm water system and structures to ensure operation as designed.
- Survey existing facility storm water management to identify opportunity for improvements.