10004. Vegetation Waste
Grounds-keeping activities can produce sizeable quantities of landscape debris. These wastes can be used as a decorative mulch or soil enrichment.
- Plant wastes, grass clippings, and leaves can be processed in the in-vessel composting unit to be turned into compost for landscape beds and sports fields.
- Grass clippings can be composted and used as a nourishment source for compost.
- Leaves and other woody debris should be composted.
- Use a wood shredder to reduce woody wastes to decorative mulch for use on campus.
- Proper composting destroys weed seed.