Chemical Safety/Hazardous Waste
The Chemical Safety Program is devoted to maintaining safety in research and teaching laboratories and all university areas where hazardous chemicals are used or stored by training individuals and inspecting laboratories and work areas. Other goals include to facilitate UT Arlington’s regulatory compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal waste management regulations by properly transporting, storing, and disposing of regulated waste; and to facilitate the operations and waste minimization efforts of the various departments and divisions of UT Arlington.
NEW! * A Message from the President regarding Laboratory Safety at UTA
Manuals and Guidelines
- Laboratory Safety Manual (Chemical Hygiene Plan)
- Hazard Communication Program Manual
- Chemical Segregation & Incompatibilities Guidelines
- Labeling Secondary Containers -NEW!
- Tips and Information for Lab Personnel
- Understanding Safety Storage Cabinets
- Construction Site Procedures for Contractors
- Shipping Dangerous Goods -NEW!
- Laboratory Safety Evaluation Checklist
- Laboratory Site-Specific Training Sign-in Sheet
- Non-Laboratory Site-Specific Training Sign-in Sheet
- Chemical Donation Approval Request