Fire and Life Safety
The Fire and Life Safety area covers all areas of fire prevention and suppression in academic and residential buildings, including installation and maintenance of fire alarm systems, smoke detectors and sprinkler systems to comply with state and national fire code specifications and regulations, fire extinguisher location and testing, proper egress and evacuation procedures, and supervision of any welding or hot work performed on property. The fire program area also performs housing inspections to detect safety violations and periodic training such as the Great Escape and proper use of fire extinguishers.
Manuals and Guidelines
- Hot Work Permit Guidelines
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Pit Guidelines & Instructions
- Understanding Safety Storage Cabinets -NEW!
- Construction Site Procedures for Contractors
- Guidelines for Decorative Displays