Energy and Mechanical Operations
Director of Energy and Mechanical Operations
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Thermal Energy Plant
- Energy Management Control
- Engineering Planning & Design Services for UTA Facilities Renovations and Capital Projects
- Engineering Review and Coordination Services
- University Point of Contact for OFPC-Managed Projects and Campus Design Standards
- General Engineering Services for Campus Utilities Infrastructure, i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil and Other Engineered Facilities Systems
Nick Schroeder also serves as Chair for Student Activities in the Fort Worth Chapter of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers), a professional organization responsible for maintaining many industry standards for building design, construction, and operation. Nick was awarded the ASRHAE Region VIII Student Activities Award for excellent performance in student activities for 2010-2011. Region VIII includes those chapters in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mexico, and parts of Louisiana, and typically encompasses five or more of the best twenty chapters in the world. The Fort Worth chapter of ASHRAE also won the coveted “Golden Gavel” award for the 2nd year running, which signifies the most outstanding chapter in the region. Along with Faculty Sponsor Dereje Agonafer (http://maepro.uta.edu/emnspc/emnspc/People/Prof/Dereje%20Agonafer.htm), Nick and the Fort Worth Chapter are proud affiliates and sponsors of the UT Arlington student chapter of ASHRAE. UTA student participation in ASHRAE fosters many benefits, including regular interaction with industry professionals, and job leads within the HVAC&R field. A substantial percentage of the HVAC&R workforce will retire in the next 5-8 years, so this industry resource for UTA students is exceptionally useful.
Some other info that might help, our chapter website: http://www.ashrae-ftw.org/
Keep informed of the current Fiscal Regulations. Related Resources are listed at the bottom of each page that will give even more information on this topic.
Department Forms Library