The purpose of the Health Promotion Program is to train and prepare students to make healthy lifestyle choices. Under the direction of our health educators, a number of outreach programs and special events are planned each term aimed at educating students on how to promote health and prevent disease.
If you would like more information or are interested in Health Promotion activities, please e-mail or call 817-272-2619.
CALENDAR OF FALL 2013 HPSA EVENTS
The SMART Peer Educator Program is a University and community-based network focusing on comprehensive health and safety initiatives.
The mission of the SMART Peer Educator program is to actively promote student and young adult-based, campus and community-wide leadership on healthy and safe lifestyle decisions concerning alcohol abuse, tobacco use, illegal drug use, unhealthy sexual practices and other high-risk behaviors. The organization will devote a substantial portion of its resources and activities to:
- Create and foster a thriving network of campus and community young adult led peer education groups supporting health and safety initiatives
- Empower students and local community partners to voice their opinions and needs to create healthier and safer campus communities
- Develop and promote cutting edge resources and health promotion campaigns that support peer education, campus leadership, and activism on health and safety issues
- Provide exceptional conferencing and training opportunities for students, young adults and professionals to support health and safety strategies
- Encourage local and national collaborations about young adult health and safety concerns
- Promote and disseminate effective strategies that better help campuses and communities address health and safety issues
- Advocate for effective and sensible policies and practices for campus and community health and safety issues
Interested in joining? Fill out an application today!
For more information contact HPSA at 817-272-2619.
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(closed one hour for lunch)
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
605 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Health Services Does Not Provide Emergency Care
For EMERGENCIES please call 911 or Campus Police at 817-272-3003
Contact us today.