Immunizations are an integral part of your health care. They are truly a student's best protection against various infectious diseases.
We are fortunate to have a full-time nurse staffing our Immunization Clinic. This individual is well versed on all immunizations and titers available at Health Services.
The Immunization Clinic is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., with one hour (12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.) closed for lunch. The clinic is located on the second floor of Health Services. No appointment is necessary for immunizations.
The immunizations clinic also offers a PPD Screen or Tuberculosis Skin Test. All international students are required to be tested prior to initial registration at UT Arlington.
If you have any questions or require more information on immunizations call 817-272-2771 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Few people enjoy shots but an ounce of prevention is truly worth a pound of cure.
Bacterial meningitis, a rare but potentially fatal bacterial infection that affects the brain and spinal cord, strikes about 3,000 Americans each year. Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, incoming Texas college students and students returning after an absence of at least one fall or spring semester who are under the age of 22 must submit documentation of immunization against bacterial meningitis. Students who fail to meet this requirement by the deadline will be dropped from courses. New international students are highly encouraged to receive their vaccination in their home country in order to meet the deadline for providing document for proof of the vaccination.
Locations for Meningitis Vaccination
- The vaccine is available through Health Services for $100. An appointment is not required. Students with private insurance may be able to file a claim afterward.
- Tarrant County Public Health has a limited supply of subsidized meningitis vaccine doses intended for low-income, uninsured students. Availability varies by clinic site and demand. Please contact a clinic in your area to determine whether subsidized meningitis vaccine is available. Visit http://health.tarrantcounty.com for a list of public health clinics or call 817-321-4700.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services also offers subsidized meningitis vaccine to students 19 and older. Supplies are limited. For more information, please call 214-819-2162 or visit http://www.dallascounty.org/department/hhs/ for a list of clinics and phone numbers.
- Students should contact their primary care to determine if their office administers the vaccine and ask for pricing.
The PPD (Mantoux) or Tuberculosis Skin Test is required for all new international students of UTA.
Any international student who chooses to submit Tuberculosis Skin Test documentation for enrollment requirements must have the following information:
- Date of when TB skin test was administered.
- Date of when TB skin test was read
- Results must be reported in millimeters
- If results are positive (>10mm), then a TB Chest X-ray report is required
- Signed by nurse or physician with medical clinic stamp
Please remember the TB Skin Test must be done in the United States (regardless of prior BCG vaccination) and within the last 12 months in order to be accepted. The documentation can be faxed or hand delivered to Health Services. Please fax any TB Skin Test documentation to 817-272-3829 and make the attention to the Immunization Clinic. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TB SKIN TEST RESULTS BY EMAIL!
UTA INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUBERCULOSIS (TB) SCREENING CLINIC
To help new international students register on time, Health Services will schedule special clinic outreaches prior to the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. These outreaches are for international students who have not met TB screening requirements.
Important: Please bring a photo ID or passport and any documentation of previous TB screening.
Not sure what immunizations you need? Review this Adult Immunization Schedule.
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(closed one hour for lunch)
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
605 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Health Services Does Not Provide Emergency Care
For EMERGENCIES please call 911 or Campus Police at 817-272-3003
Contact us today.