Access Control and Alarm Management
Mav Express manages thousands of access control and alarm locations throughout the UT Arlington campuses.
Mav Express offers two types of access control systems, both of which require the use of the Mav Express card.
- The on-line system is a server based system hardwired to our private network. The on-line system utilizes CBORD manufactured hardware and application software.
- The off-line system uses stand-alone battery operated locks manufactured by Schlage and programmed with Locknetics software.
The on-line and off-line systems are coordinated through the on-line database to ensure current credentials are used for access.
On-line systems provide for remote management and alarm monitoring of door locations. User changes can be automated through computer downloads.
1. This allows for automatic cancellation of access for those no longer employed or attending classes.
2. A full trail is maintained of all events. The number of active users is unlimited. Mav Express performs all maintenance and repair to the network, devices, and software.
3. Mav Express staff handles all maintenance, most repairs, and some in-house installations.
4. CBORD and other contractors are contracted for most installations and some repair work.
Off-line access control systems are retrofit lock devices that replace mechanical locksets.
1. They offer many of the same options as on-line, including full audit trails, access schedules on both users and doors and option of card only or card plus pin access credentials.
2. Off-line locks are battery powered and require that we visit the lock for programming and retrieving audit trails.
3. All off-line locks are installed and maintained by Mav Express staff.
Mav Express currently manages 6 debit plans for the UT Arlington community
1. Mav Money- Is accepted at most campus retail dining locations and some specified off campus locations.
2. Sponsored Student Debit Accounts - limited to food purchases only.
3. Dining Dollars - part of a meal plan package and may be used at Dining Services facilities only
4. Camp & Conference debit plans are for guests and operate the same as Mav Money account.
5. Print Quota - Camp & Conference Print quotas are for lab printing based on pre-determined qualifications. This is not real money and no refunds are given from this account
6. Copy & Print accounts are primarily funded through departments.
Departments using the entitlement program are provided with monthly and semester demographics reports on users(Must request aforementioned reports). Demographic reports provide useful information on who is using which services at what times. This allows a department to better tailor its services to its customers.
University Housing sells multiple meal plan options. Mav Express manages the software and equipment that allows individuals with meal plans to procure meals at the proper time and location. We program the meal schedules and options for each plan to ensure each person gets only the meals they purchased. Mav Express provides reports on meals procured and other relevant information.
I.D. Card Production
The Mav Express office provides UT Arlington identification cards to all students, faculty, staff, and limited guests, contractors, and vendors. We also provide Campus Recreation Cards, Summer Camp & Conference Cards, and various special order cards.