New parking, permit options for fall 2012
UT Arlington is undergoing unprecedented growth, both in terms of enrollment and in terms of the physical makeup of the central campus. Construction projects valued at more than $300 million are reshaping the campus, adding academic, event, parking, residential and retail space.
UT Arlington has streamlined the parking permit system and updated campus shuttle routes to help students, faculty and staff navigate our 420 acre campus.
Students, faculty and staff should be aware of several important changes that affect parking and campus transportation:
- You must order your parking permit online at www.uta.edu/mymav. Decals will be mailed directly from the printing company, not UT Arlington Parking Services. Students must have a parking permit or display a valid receipt from their online permit purchase by the start of classes, Aug. 23, 2012. (Only reserve space permits and permit upgrades/exchanges/motorcycle will be issued from the Parking Services Office in the J.D. Wetsel Service Center, 1225 W. Mitchell St. Please note: if purchasing an additional motorcyle permit, you will need to provide proof of ownership for both vehicles.
- Remote decals are less than half the price. Student permits allowing access to all student lots are $130.00 for the fall and spring semesters. Students who choose to park in Lot 26 at Maverick Stadium may purchase a "R" remote lot permit for $50.00. The full rate for faculty and staff is $175.00; faculty and staff who work east of Davis Drive may purchase a "R" remote lot permit for $70.00. See parking permit prices.
- UT Arlington has increased capacity of some existing lots and added new lots since spring. Ample spaces are typically available even at peak times in Lots 49, 50 and 51, south of West Mitchell Street and east of South Cooper Street, and lot 56 south of West Mitchell Street along S. Pecan Street. Residents of Arlington Hall and Brazos Dorm may park in the new Lot 38, south of the UTA Bookstore at South Oak and West First streets.
- New shuttle routes will serve stops across campus every 15 minutes. The free service runs 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning with the fall semester. Patrons should arrive on campus early enough to allow for wait times. Routes and schedules are available at www.uta.edu/shuttle.
- Maverick Ride escort service is available from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. UT Arlington police encourage students, faculty and staff to avoid walking alone after dark. To request a security escort, call 817-272-3381.
- PARK IT, HOP ON IT.
Use our parking and shuttle map to see what lots and shuttles work best for you.
- Permit Prices
- Parking Video
- Shuttle Services
- Maverick Parking Garage
- Contact the Parking Office
- Car Connection - Connect by Hertz
- Ride Sharing (Carpool or Vanpool)