For students in disciplines requiring a minor, the School of Architecture offers a minor in History of Architecture.
The minor in History of Architecture requires completion of 6 hours of core courses:
- ARCH 2303 History of Architecture and Design I
- ARCH 2304 History of Architecture and Design II
Upon completion of the two core classes, students will select an additional 12 hours (4 courses) from the following courses:
- ARCH 3312 History of Contemporary Theory
- ARCH 4305 The City of Rome
- ARCH 4307 The Life of Cities
- ARCH 4308 History of Urban Form
- ARCH 4315 Topics in the History of Architecture and Design
- This course number may be repeated under different topics
- ARCH 4316 Modern Architecture I
- ARCH 4317 Modern Architecture II
- ARCH 4353 History of Landscape Architecture
Architecture and Interior Design program students may also receive a minor in History of Architecture, provided they are in the major studies portion of their program when they begin these classes.
To schedule an appointment for minor advising with one of our advisors: click here
- NOTE: This link is for advising for our minors only. Appointments made to this link for any other purpose will be canceled. Contact email@example.com for questions other than minor.
ARCH HISTORY NON-MAJOR WAIT-LIST REQUIREMENTS
All officially declared Architecture History Minors may wait-list for Architecture History courses after peak advising for the current semester has ended.
PEAK ADVISING DATES:
• For Fall 2017: March 27th - May 5th
The ARCH HISTORY NON-MAJOR WAIT-LIST REQUEST FORM would need to be filled out in order to be cleared for Architecture History courses.
•• Please note, approved courses are subject to change by semester, may be offered sporadically, and will require additional approval from offering department, which could possible delay graduation.••
Students with majors outside the School of Architecture pursuing this minor are not required to take ARCH prerequisites that do not apply to the minor. However, once permission has been granted for a course with the waiver of prerequisites, the student forfeits the right to pursue any undergraduate degree from the School of Architecture.
School of Architecture majors pursuing this minor must adhere to all prerequisites and program requirements.
• Non-majors will require a permission number to enroll into the architecture history courses. Permission numbers will emailed to the student's UTA email address when permission has been granted.