Faculty and Staff
As a faculty member at UT Arlington, you are in a position to help change a student's life. You assist them both inside and outside of the classroom as their teacher, mentor, and advisor. We hope these resources can assist you in helping your students succeed.
CAPS staff are available to address your concerns about UT Arlington students. The discussion usually involves issues related to a student's mental health or wellness that have become apparent in the classroom or in individual interactions. For more information or an appointment, call 817-272-3671.
Early Alert System
Faculty or staff may submit information about students who are experiencing academic or personal difficulty through the convenient web-based form (login required). Academic support staff will follow up with the student in an effort to support their overall educational well-being.
How Do I Know If This Person Received Services?
Ask that person. Because of the confidential rights of students receiving CAPS services, we cannot inform you if the person of concern was seen in CAPS or reveal what they talked about. Therefore, the best way to find out if the student came to the center is to follow-up directly with the student.
Behavior Intervention Team
The BIT is available to assist faculty and staff in evaluating circumstances and determining the appropriate plan of action. The purpose of the BIT is to:
- Serve as a resource for faculty, staff, and students to address the needs of students who are experiencing significant behavioral disturbances.
- Recommend collaborative and purposeful interventions aimed at helping students achieve success.
- Establish a process that is designed to be helpful to students, particularly when the rights of others or an individual's own growth and development are being endangered.
- Assist members of the University community with a legitimate concern regarding students who seem to be experiencing emotional distress, psychological difficulties, or are unable to handle stressful circumstances.
For more information on this service, visit www.uta.edu/bit.
Mental Health services for Faculty/Staff
Mental health services for UT Arlington faculty and staff are available through the Employee Assistance Program at 1-800-343-3822.
CAPS Event Calendar
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Renew, Relax, Revive: Learn mindfulness and meditative techniques to manage stress. Most Mondays (12:15pm-12:45pm), Thursdays (1:45pm-2:15pm), and Fridays (2:15pm-2:45pm). Starting week of 9/14 throughout fall semester!
Let's Talk: Have a concern and would like to talk to a counselor to consult informally? Visit Let's Talk! 2 locations on campus are open to all UTA registered students throughout the fall semester:
- UC Basement Conf Room, 11am-1pm : Mondays, Thursdays 11am-1pm (starts Thurs 9/10 through end of semester)
- Pickard Hall 220C, 11am-1pm: Fridays (Starting 9/25 through end of semester)
For more information: Let's Talk
QPR Training: 9/23, 2-4pm
Interested in becoming involved with CAPS outreach?
Contact Cindy Manzano 817-272-3671 to explore how you can support student wellness!