Counseling may involve sharing sensitive, personal and private information. Recognizing this, applicable laws require that all interactions with CAPS, including the content of your sessions, your records, scheduling of or attendance at appointments, and progress in counseling to remain confidential except in very limited exceptions. No record of counseling is maintained by CAPS in any academic, educational or job placement file. However, applicable law may require us to release confidential information without your consent:
- When there is imminent (immediate) danger to yourself or others
- When we learn of abuse or neglect of a child, disabled adult, or elderly person
- When we are ordered to release information pursuant to a court order; and
- In some limited cases if you are a minor (under 18), your parents or legal guardian may be able to access your records.
We hope that you understand that the CAPS team is committed to providing the highest level of confidentiality possible as well as complying with its duties to comply with applicable law and professional ethics.
CAPS Event Calendar
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Renew, Relax, Revive: Learn mindfulness and meditative techniques to manage stress. Most Mondays (12:15pm-12:45pm), Thursdays (1:45pm-2:15pm), and Fridays (2:15pm-2:45pm). Starting week of 9/14 throughout fall semester!
Let's Talk: Have a concern and would like to talk to a counselor to consult informally? Visit Let's Talk! 2 locations on campus are open to all UTA registered students throughout the fall semester:
- UC Basement Conf Room, 11am-1pm : Mondays, Thursdays 11am-1pm (starts Thurs 9/10 through end of semester)
- Pickard Hall 220C, 11am-1pm: Fridays (Starting 9/25 through end of semester)
For more information: Let's Talk
QPR Training: 10/22 & 11/30
Interested in becoming involved with CAPS outreach?
Contact Cindy Manzano 817-272-3671 to explore how you can support student wellness!