This collection of virtual pamphlets on often-requested topics has been partially provided by the University of Buffalo's Counseling Center Village, a library of information submitted by universities across America and the world. Please be aware that references to specific counselors or counseling center policies apply to the university that authored each pamphlet, and do not reflect the policies at UT Arlington. For a more extensive collection of topics, please visit their website. These pamphlets are intended to provide basic information on selected topics. We recommend that you meet with a counselor at the CAPS Counseling Services office to discuss any questions or concerns you may have, including the following:
- Bullying - Love is Louder
- College Success
- Eating Disorders
- Financial Management
- Finding Help in Texas
- Half of US – Raising Awareness of Mental Health Issues
- Healthy Minds. Healthy Lives
- Helping Friends
- Information and Support for OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Information and Support for Eating Disorders
- Internet Abuse
- LGBT Resources
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health Association of Greater Dallas
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Dallas
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Tarrant County
- National Association for Males with Eating Disorders
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Relationship Violence
- Self Compassion
- Sexual Assault
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse
CAPS Event Calendar
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Renew, Relax, Revive: Learn mindfulness and meditative techniques to manage stress. Most Mondays (12:15pm-12:45pm), Tuesdays (12:45pm-1:15pm), and Fridays (1:15pm-2:45pm) throughout Spring 2015. Beginning Week of Jan 26th. Ransom Hall Room 310. Walk-in only.
Jan Dates: 1/27 @ 12:45-1:15pm; 1/30 @ 2:15-2:45pm.
Feb Dates: 2/2, 2/3, 2/6; 2/9, 2/10, 2/13; 2/16/, 2/17, 2/20; 2/23, 2/24, 2/27.
QPR - Suicide Prevention Training : 2/11/15, 2pm-4pm, PH104
Mavs Talk Stress : 2/16/15, 3:30-4:30pm, PH104
Interested in becoming involved with CAPS outreach in Spring 2015?
Contact Cindy Manzano 817-272-3671 to explore how you can support student wellness!
Interested in starting a new chapter of Active Minds? Contact us to discuss!