Workshops and Events
CAPS offers a variety of workshops to assist students in developing academic skills, exploring career options and making career decisions and personal growth. We look forward to seeing you in. Please stop by anytime and see what we have to offer this semester.
Fall 2013 Workshops
CAPS offers a variety of workshops to assist students in developing academic skills, exploring career options and making career decisions and personal growth. We look forward to seeing you in CAPS. Please stop by anytime and see what we have to offer this semester or Register for a Workshop webapps.uta.edu/CounselingReg/seminar/listDet.
MAVS TALK: Mindful Moments
Take a break from stress with mindfulness, which draws on one's internal resources to cultivate awareness. The program focuses on being present in each moment of our lives.
- Most Fridays 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm. Beginning Sept 6th, Ransom Hall Room 310, Open to all UTA campus community
MAVS Talk Time and Test Anxiety-UC Series
Learn time management skills and how to reduce stress and test anxiety.
- Wednesday, 09-18-2013, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm at UC-Red River
MAVS Talk Grief-UC Series
A one-hour workshop for anyone interested in learning about grief.
- Wednesday, 11-20-2013, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm at UC-Red River
MAVS Talk Depression-UC Series
Learn about the effects of depression and ways to cope with it.
- Friday, 10-18-2013, 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm at UC-Red River
MAVS Talk Stress-MAC Series
Learn techniques to manage stress.
- Thursday, 09-12-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
- Thursday, 10-31-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
MAVS Talk Anger-MAC Series
Examine normal and problematic anger and learn healthy ways to resolve conflict.
- Thursday, 09-26-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
- Thursday, 11-07-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
MAVS Talk Relationships-MAC Series
Learn the basics of developing healthy relationships. Identify and avoid unhealthy and abusive relationships.
- Thursday, 10-10-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
- Thursday, 11-21-2013, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at MAC 213
Conversations: First College Student in the Family-Student Success Series
Are you the first in your family to attend college? Discuss issues that may be unique to your experience. Registration Not Required.
- Thursday, 9/19/13, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm UC-Red River
Manage Your Time and the First Year at UTA-Student Success Series
Learn time management strategies during your first year that will enhance academic success. Registration Not Required.
- Monday, 10/21/13, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UC-Red River
Managing the Stress of the First Year-Student Success Series
Learn how to manage stressors that may occur during your first year at UTA. Registration Not Required
- Friday, 11/22/13, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UC-Red River
QPR For Suicide Prevention
Increase awareness of the warning signs, clues and suicidal communications of people who may be considering suicide and learn how to intervene with at risk individuals.
Participants in Ally Training will learn about heterosexual privilege, campus and community resources, and how to be supportive to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. At the conclusion of the training, participants have the option to display a Safe Zone symbol as a signal to the campus community, and especially LGBT individuals, that they maintain a safe and affirming environment.
Be a leader
Reach your potential by developing your leadership skills and make a difference for the campus community.