Assessment Tools (My Plan)
A Career Consultant can help your student determine which assessment tools best fit their needs.
The Career Development Center is proud to offer all students and alumni free access to MyPlan.com, a robust, comprehensive web based career planning program. For access to the career assessments available on MyPlan.com, please contact us at 817.272.2932, visit us in 216 E.E. Davis Hall, or e-mail us at email@example.com for the license code.
MyPlan is a comprehensive website available through UTA’s special portal that offers 4 components:
- Career Exploration
- Career Assessments
- Colleges and Universities
- Majors and Degrees
It has up-to-date information with over 150,000 pages of content including articles, statistics, images and videos. It is the most extensive guide to colleges, careers and majors found anywhere.
Written and online resources on such topics as:
- Résumé Writing
- Job Search
- Salary Negotiation
The Strong generates an in-depth assessment of your interests among a broad range of occupations, work and leisure activities, and educational subjects. To reveal your interest patterns, it presents results on a variety of complementary themes and scales:
- General Occupational Themes map out broad interest patterns to describe personalities and preferred work environments.
- Basic Interest Scales provide more specific information about areas of interest.
- Occupational Scales relate interest patterns to those of satisfied workers within the occupation.
- Personal Style Scales describe preferred style of working, learning, leading, risk-taking, and team participation.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment is the best known and most trusted personality tool available today. After more than 50 years, it continues to be the most widely used assessment in the world for understanding individual differences and uncovering new ways to work and interact with others.
The MBTI family of tools reaches across the globe in 21 languages to help:
- improve individual and team performance,
- nurture and retain top talent,
- develop leadership at every level of an organization,
- reduce workplace conflict, and
- explore the world of work