Online Job Search Tools
With so many resources available online, it can be hard to know which ones will best suit your job search needs. The Career Development Center has identified the following online job search tools to help with everything from internship and volunteer opportunities to government jobs to jobs outside the US!
General Job Sites
- CareerRookie.com - Search engine designed for current students and recent graduates.
- collegegrad.com - Designed for entry-level job seekers.
- CollegeHelpers - Designed to maximize the benefits of the internet by creating a user interface that is simple and straightforward for students and employers.
- Collegerecruiter - Job search site designed for recent graduates and alumni seeking career opportunities.
- Hound.com - Webcrawler that allows you to search multiple company web sites based on location, keyword, or company name.
- Indeed.com - Simple search engine where you can enter a keyword and location and view thousands of jobs.
- jobpostings.net - America's student job network, available in print and online.
- Nonprofit Jobs Cooperative - A collaboration of Nonprofit Management Service Organizations from across the United States who have combined efforts to create a job site by nonprofits for nonprofits. The goal of the Cooperative is to use their regional focus and local presence to provide service on a national scale.
- workplacediversity.com - An extensive database of employment opportunities across all sectors nationwide. It provides a forum for those diverse candidates to connect with employers who seek them. Their easy-to-use tools are one of the most efficient avenues for proactive job search in a competitive, global world.
- Coolworks - Volunteer opportunities for those in search of adventure.
- Internhere.com - Where students and employers connect.
- INROADS - Develops and places talented underserved youth in business and industry, and prepares them for corporate and community leadership.
- AmeriCorps - A nationwide service program that provides thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds with education awards in exchange for a year or two of community service.
- FBI - Browse through the exciting job opportunities at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Leadership Institute - The Leadership Institute's free Intern Placement Service will help you find the best internship and employment opportunities in Washington, D.C.
- USA Jobs - The U.S. Government's official site for jobs and employment information provided by the United States Office of Personnel Management.
- snagajob.com - Complete listing of part-time and hourly jobs in your area.
- Summerjobs.com - An excellent site for anyone who wants to work for the summer.
- Bigbook - A new kind of yellow pages with a variety of search options to get you the precise company information you're looking for.
- Business Info - The site consists of a directory of hundreds of thousands of business and industry Web sites organized into over 25,000 categories. More than just a business directory, the site also includes detailed information about 10,000 U.S. companies and the people who run them.
- Computer and Communication Companies - Search this site for information about a company in the communication or computer science field.
- Hoover's Online - The ultimate source for company information! Search for information about different companies before you interview with them.
- Yahoo! Finance Company and Fund Index - Brings you company profiles from Market Guide, who provides users with information on over 9,000 public companies.
- Glassdoor.com - Your free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions—all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
- Job Star - Get information about a job's salary.
- Salary.com – You’re more than just a salary.
Jobs Outside the United States
- Adecco International - A site where job-seekers can apply online for temporary or full-time jobs in more than 50 countries.
- Canadian Career Page - A site for people that want to work in Canada. Includes a Canadian jobs database, a career site of the day, and a large collection of links.
- Council Exchange - With CIEE's world of opportunity you can work abroad, join a student exchange, volunteer overseas, or teach English in a foreign country.
- GoinGlobal - Includes world-wide job openings, internship listing, industry profiles and country-specific career and employment information. You must login thru HIREAMAVERICK to access this site.
- International Monster - Job Search Search for jobs by international location or region.
- JobServe - Search for international jobs in countries like Germany, Australia, and Russia.
- Overseas Jobs - A great resource for anyone looking for a job internationally, with more than 700 links to employment resources in more than 40 countries and regions.