Civil engineering is the oldest and broadest of the engineering disciplines. A civil engineer works with a wide spectrum of individuals in both the public and private sectors to meet today's challenges of pollution, infrastructure rehabilitation, traffic congestion, floods, earthquakes, and urban development.
The CE undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering consists of a total of 130 credit hours. The program typically spans over a period of four years for full-time students. The program in civil engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
Students pursuing a master's degree can earn a Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering or a Master of Science in Civil Engineering. UT Arlington will soon be awarding a Master of Construction Management degree.
The Department of Civil Engineering enjoys strong support from local industry and alumni, and that support is demonstrated through the number of scholarships we are able to offer undergraduate students. All scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. The amount, deadline, duration, and award criteria vary among the types of awards available to the students. Students are strongly encouraged to carefully review the application criteria and comply with all relevant policies and procedures when applying for these scholarships.
- Scholarships for Entering Freshmen
- Scholarhips for Transfer Students
- Scholarships for Continuing Undergraduate Students
- Scholarships Administered by the Construction Research Center
- Other Scholarships
Graduate Specialization Areas
Graduate students may choose a specialty from several areas, including:
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Infrastructure Engineering & Management
- Structural Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering (Hydraulics - Hydrology)
Civil Engineering Student Organizations
- UTA American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA) Student Chapter
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Student Chapter at UTA
- North American Society of Trenchless Technology (NASTT) UTA Student Chapter