Seven graduate students presented papers or posters at the Air & Waste Management Association National Conference, Orlando, FL, in June 2011. Here are the students and paper/poster titles:
Ketwalee Kositkanawuth - "Evaluation of Emissions from Three Alternatives for Producing Crude" and "A Case Study: Estimating Concentration of Hydrogen Sulfide Gas from Landfill A by Using AERMOD"
- Roja Haritha Gangupomu - "Analysis and Comparison of Inertinite-Derived Adsorbent with Conventional Adsorbents"
- Annaprabha Athappan "Adsorption Curve Fits for Landfill VOCS on Bituminous Coal Based and Coconut Shell Based Activated Carbon"
Sulak Sumitsuwan - "Role of Moisture in Photocatalytic Oxidation of m-Xylene on Plasma Modified and Standard TiO2"
- Shankar Vaidhyanathan - "Air pollution impacts of university chemistry labs: A case study"
- Arpita Gandhi - "Comparison of Air Dispersion Modeling Software ISCST3 vs. AERMOD: A Chemical Plant Case Study"
- Richa Karanjekar - "An Improved Model to Predict Gas Generation from Landfills based on Waste Composition, Rainfall and Ambient Temperatures"
This poster won 2nd place in the Ph.D. student category at the conference.