UTA American Society of Civil Engineers
ASCE, the American Society of Civil Engineers is the oldest professional engineering organization in the world. This only seems right because civil engineering is the oldest form of engineering.
AWMA (Air & Waste Management Association) Student Chapter
The Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opporunitites to thousands of environmental professionals worldwide, since 1907.
- Open to undergraduate/graduate students for all majors
- Useful for Environmental Engineering / Environmental Studies / Environmental Science / Urban Planning students
- Helpful for finding jobs/exposure to different careers in the air and waste field
ITE Student Chapter at UTA
Established in 1930, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) is an international association of transportation professionals, with approximately 17,000 members acting in more than 92 countries. ITE acts as a gateway to knowledge and advancement through meetings, seminars and publications. Student members attend state and national meetings, where they get an opportunity to meet nationally known transportation professional and participate in poster and paper presentations In addition, the student chapter runs one of the statewide ITE meetings, which is a great experience.
Student Chapter at The University of Texas at Arlington was formed in 1991. It is one among the six student chapters which come under District 9 (Texas) of the national ITE.
The objectives of the ITE Student Chapter are to:
- To promote the advancement of transportation and traffic engineering by fostering the close association of students with the transportation and traffic engineering profession and the Institute;
- To acquaint students with topics of interest in transportation and traffic engineering through the media of addresses by competent speakers and of Chapter-sponsored trips;
- Foster the development of professional spirit; Promote common interests among students and encourage the expansion of facilities for transportation and traffic engineering study.
North American Society of Trenchless Technology UTA Student Chapter
Trenchless technology covers any techniques, processes or procedures, including the equipment, machines and materials involved, which minimizes or eliminates the need for surface excavation or reduces environmental damage or reduces the associated costs for underground work. The objective of the NASTT- UTA Student Chapter is to advance the knowledge of Trenchless Technology and its applications among the student community of the University of Texas at Arlington.