On this page...
- All student teachers are required to have the Student Teacher and Cooperating Teacher Handbook:
- All students are required to review the Texas Education Agency's Code of Ethics: https://goo.gl/eHiEWi (Youtube Playlist)
- All students entering a student teaching placement will complete a Student Teaching Survey at least twice during student teaching, depending on your program of study.
- All student teacher candidates should complete the Student Teaching Entry Report by the end of the second week in the semester: https://goo.gl/jX8fRJ.
- All student teacher candidates with multiple placements should complete the Student Teaching Progess Report at the entry into the second placement: https://goo.gl/PgVxMb.
- All student teacher candidates should complete the Student Teaching Exit Report at the completion of student teaching: https://goo.gl/qN3f2E.
All Cooperating Teachers must complete UTA COEd Cooperating Teacher Training every semester that they are a Cooperating Teacher, per TEA regulations. Please review the content in the PowerPoint below carefully and follow the directions on the last slide to record your training.
In addition, the Student Teacher handbook contains materials for Cooperating Teachers. Please check with your Student Teacher or their UTA Field Supervisor for additional information.
- Cooperating Teacher Training Presentation
- (Verification of Training for Cooperating Teachers: https://uta.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRkw80krTJgl4ih
The following observation instruments are used by the Department of Curriculum and Instruction to document and assess teacher candidates during field experience:
Secondary and All-Level Supervisors: please use the correct form for the student you are observing.
- Teacher Observation Record (TOR) for English - Long Form
- Teacher Observation Record (TOR) for Social Studies/History - Long Form
- Teacher Observation Record (TOR) for Music - Long Form