About the Department
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies seeks to challenge the conventional wisdom that K-12 and post-secondary education should be researched and understood in separate educational, leadership, and policy contexts. The continuum of K-16 education and its current and potential relationships, challenges, and benefits form the foundation of our curriculum, degree offerings, research, and service.
We offer one undergraduate program, the Leadership Minor/Leadership Certificate, in partnership with the UTA Leadership Center and the Division of Student Affairs. We also offer four graduate programs:
- the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies with emphasis options in principal certification, higher education administration, dual-language principal certification, and teacher leadership;
- the principal certificate;
- the superintendent certificate; and
- the Ph.D. in K-16 Educational Leadership and Policy Studies.
Post-doctoral Position Announced
A one-year post-doctoral fellow position is available in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Texas at Arlington. Applicants must have completed, or will complete by May 2015, a PhD in Educational Leadership or a closely related field. Applicants must exhibit strength in multiple research methodologies although preference should be given to those with expertise in quantitative methods.
Main responsibilities expected for this position:
- Conduct research in K-16 areas of interest.
- Teach departmental courses.
- Analyze PK-12 and higher education trends.
- Translate research findings to practice.
- Participate in cross-university collaboration.
- Partner with department faculty members on grant and research opportunities.
- Present at conferences in the domains relevant to this position as required.
- Publish in educational journals.
- Interact with internal and external university stakeholders.
- Complete mandated training as required.
- Assist with course revision as needed.
- Facilitate the department's social media.
- Contribute to student recrutiment events.
- Co-supervise doctoral students as needed.
- Assist with technology implementation within department or college as needed.
- Provide service to the department, college, university, and profession.
To apply for this position, please email a .pdf application package, including a cover letter, detailed CV, abstract of your PhD dissertation, graduate transcript(s), and contact information for three references to Mark Reeder (firstname.lastname@example.org).