Applying for Field Experience
Before You Apply
You must have purchased access to our UTA Tk20 system in order to access the Field Application. If you have already purchased your account and have access to the UTA Tk20 system you do not need to purchase it again.
If this is your first time to access the UTA Tk20 system and you need to purchase your account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://tk20web.uta.edu
- On the lower left hand side, far under the Username and Password input boxes, click on the link to "purchase or register your student account". This will take you to the payment gateway where you can purchase or register your account.
- It takes 2 to 3 business days for the account to activate. Check your email for the activation notification.
Steps to Apply for Field Placement
The application for field placement for Spring will open October 1 and will close on November 2 at 5 PM (local Arlington, Texas time).
The application for field placement for Fall will open February 1 and will close on March 1 at 5 PM (local Arlington, Texas time).
To apply you need an active Tk20 account (see section above). When you are ready to apply:
- Log in to the UTA Tk20 system using your student NetID and password.
- Go to the Applications tab (the top row of tabs).
- From the Applications area, choose "Create" from the left-hand Applications menu...
- And choose the "Field Experience Application - Spring 2013" from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the application.
- When the application is complete, make sure you submit the application so that it is sent to the Office of Field Experience.
Note about which application to choose (Step 4): The application will not be in the drop down menu until the application period opens. If you are NOT a Mid-Level Junior DO NOT choose the Mid-Level Junior application.
Note about application instructions (Step 5): There are instructions at the end of the application directing you to print certain materials for submission to the Office of Field Experience. Please read and follow these directions to complete the application process.