Important Information for Fall 2014 Degree Candidates
Date and Time for Commencement Has Changed:
Friday, December 12th at 3:00 p.m.
Important update for Fall 2014 graduates! The Fall 2014 Commencement for the College of Education is now scheduled for Friday, December 12 at 3:00 p.m. in College Park Center.
College of Education Commencement Ceremony
The Commencement Ceremony for the College of Education will be held on Friday, December 12 at 3:00 p.m. in College Park Center.
Prior to Commencement
1. In order to participate in graduation, students must complete all coursework and degree requirements and must apply to graduate.
2. It is essential that we have the names of all students who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony in order to prepare name cards and plan seating arrangements. To verify your attendance you MUST fill out and submit the Commencement Registration Form prior to obtaining your student or guest tickets. The Commencement Registration Form, as well as additional ticket and RSVP information, will be sent to graduating students via their UT Arlington MavMail accounts by mid-October.
3. Caps, gowns, tassels, hoods, and invitations may be purchased through the UTA Bookstore. Bachelor’s candidates should purchase a cap, gown, and tassel. Bachelor’s candidates with summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude status may purchase honor cords through the UTA Bookstore. Master’s candidates should purchase a cap, gown, tassel, and master’s hood. (Master’s candidates have no honor designations.) Please visit the UTA Bookstore’s website for more information.
4. Plan to attend Grad Finale at the UTA Bookstore. There, you’ll learn about:
- Invitations and Announcements by Jostens
- Alumni Membership information by the UT Arlington Alumni Association
- Official UTA Class Ring by Balfour
- Grad Photos taken by Flash Photography
- Regalia and Graduation gifts at the Bookstore
5. Ticket reminder: Graduates must register online prior to claiming/printing tickets from the UTA commencement ticketing portal.
1. Arrive at College Park Center at 2:00 p.m. at the west entrance. If your guests arrive with you, they may go directly to the seating area via the north and northwest entrances.
2. Please leave purses and valuables at home or arrange for someone to keep your personal belongings, as we will not be responsible for items left in the line-up area. If you carry items into the ceremony, you should plan to take them with you when crossing the stage. It is possible you may not return to the same seat afterwards.
3. DO NOT bring cell phones or other personal electronics (such as tablets). Using cell phones and/or text messaging is not allowed during the ceremony.
4. You should pick up your name card at the check-in inside College Park Center as directed.
5. After receiving your name card, proceed to the designated line-up sections in College Park Center as noted on your card. Wear comfortable shoes.
6. Tassels on caps are to be worn on the right side for bachelor's candidates and on the left side for master's candidates. After degrees has been conferred at the end of the ceremony, bachelor's candidates will be asked as a group to move your tassel from the right to the left.
7. Master's hoods will be worn throughout the ceremony. There will be COEd representatives backstage prior to the ceremony to help direct you on wearing the hood. Doctoral candidates will carry their hood during the processional and will be hooded on stage.