College of Education and Health Professions Undergraduate Bilingual Education Scholarships
|Contact:||Dr. Luis Rosado|
$3200 (Contact Dr. Luis Rosado for more information and application)
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- A grade point average of 2.75 on a scale of 4
- Evidence of the minimum THEA Scores: Reading 260, Math 230, Writing 220
- Proficiency in Spanish and English—interview required
- Full-time students—12 hours or more per semester
- Complete Transcript showing an associate degree or equivalent
- Must qualify to receive federal financial funding
The Center for Bilingual Education/ELS Education is taking applications for scholarships to prepare bilingual teachers. The program is to be funded by the UTA Highly Qualified Bilingual Teachers and Administrators Program (UTA-BTAP). PURPOSE: To prepare junior/senior bilingual education teacher candidates.
Requirements: Candidates will required to donate a minimum of two hours a week to mentor high school students - Beginning Date: Fall 2008. For additional Information, please call Dr. Patricia Gomez at 817-272-5144 or email Dr. Luis A. Rosado.