For undergraduate admissions to UT Arlington, visit the Apply Texas website and fill out the online application.
Education Program Admission Requirements
- Have passing scores or be exempt from the TSI Assessment. Click here to find more information about the TSI. To determine your status, login to your MyMav account and look for the TSI link in your Student Center. The TSI Assessment is required by the State of Texas for placement into college-level courses.
- Acceptable scores on all three sections of the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) test:
No other test or class is acceptable for undergraduate admission to the Education program.
- Reading 270 - The Reading THEA requirement for program admission is higher than the standard passing score of 230.
- Writing 220
- Math 230
You can register online to take the Internet-based (iBT) THEA at the THEA website. The iBT THEA is offered at a few college test sites within Texas. UT Arlington Testing Services offers the THEA Quick Test to students on a monthly basis. You can read more about the Quick THEA on the Testing Services website.
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
Effective Spring 2014, your GPA must meet or exceed 3.0. This is a UTA cumulative GPA which may include transfer coursework in calculations if no UTA grades have been earned yet.
- Required amount of academic coursework must be completed.
The number of hours of academic content which can be carried into the program varies depending upon the certification level and program. EC-6 and 4-8 students, refer to your degree plan for further information. Secondary and All-Level students should contact an advisor.
For more information on the complete process for admission into the undergraduate Education program, please visit Undergraduate Advising.
For Athletic Training admissions requirements, please visit the Department of Kinesiology.