The Center for K-16 Education Policy and Research, founded in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, is dedicated to producing and disseminating cutting-edge research on K-16 education to inform education policy and practice.
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies seeks to bring together educational leaders who aren’t afraid of pushing boundaries and challenging conventional wisdom. We offer an undergraduate leadership minor, master’s and doctoral degrees in educational leadership and policy studies, and school administration certificate programs in K-12 principalship and school district superintendency.
Postdoctoral Position Announced
A one-year doctoral fellow position is available in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Texas at Arlington. Applicants must have completed, or will complete by May 2015, a PhD in Educational Leadership or a closely related field. Applicants must exhibit strength in multiple research methodologies although preference should be given to those with expertise in quantitative methods.
Main responsibilities expected for this position:
- Conduct research in K-16 areas of interest.
- Teach departmental courses.
- Analyze PK-12 and higher education trends.
- Translate research findings to practice.
- Participate in cross-university collaboration.
- Partner with department faculty members on grant and research opportunities.
- Present at conferences in the domains relevant to this position as required.
- Publish in educational journals.
- Interact with internal and external university stakeholders.
- Complete mandated training as required.
- Assist with course revision as needed.
- Facilitate the department's social media.
- Contribute to student recruitment events.
- Co-supervise doctoral students as needed.
- Assist with technology implementation within department or college as needed.
- Provide service to the department, college, university, and profession.
To apply for this position, please email a .pdf application package, including a cover letter, detailed CV, abstract of your PhD dissertation, graduate transcript(s), and contact information for three references, to Mark Reeder (email@example.com).