Athletic Training Admission Requirements
Admission to the Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) at The University of Texas at Arlington is selective and competitive. Prospective students must complete the Level I phase of study to be considered for continuance in the ATEP.
Level I Phase
Admission to the Level I of the UT Arlington ATEP is based on the following criteria:
- Academic Advising meeting with Dr. Krawietz. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment
- Current GPA of 2.5 and sincere interest in careers in Athletic Training/ Sports Medicine
- Complete UT Arlington application and gain acceptance into UT Arlington
- Complete UT Arlington Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) application by deadline.
- Current First Aid Certification. Valid at least thru spring semester.
- Current CPR/AED Certification. Valid at least thru spring semester.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination (3 shot series)
- Verification of Immunizations (copy of immunization/shot records/ vaccine administration record)
- Medical History Form
- Physical Exam Form (remember to take Technical Standards Form with you so physician can sign and date)
- Submit Technical Standards Student Version (with student signature) (Print form, review, sign, and return to Dr. Krawietz)
- Submit Technical Standards Physician Version (with physician signature) (Print form, have physician review and sign during physical exam, and return to Dr. Krawietz)
- Contact Information Form (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Policies and Procedures Acknowledgement Form (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Insurance Verification (HPSO policy) (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab) (Print out and submit “Certificate of Insurance” document): http://www.hpso.com/
- Confidentiality Form (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Blood borne pathogen Training (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Media release form (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Acknowledgement of Continuance- Level I (to be completed in KINE 2420 Lab)
- Interview with ATEP Admissions Committee (April or May)
**As with all other academic programs at UT Arlington, admission to the Athletic Training Education Program is contingent upon admission to the University. University admission information and applications can be obtained from:
UT Arlington Admissions Office
110 Davis Hall
UT Arlingon Box 19088
Arlington, TX 76019
Completion of the Level I requirements does not guarantee continuance in the ATEP. The primary admission process is conducted each spring semester with the selected students beginning the Level II phase of the ATEP the following fall semester.
Level II - IV Phase
Continuance to the Level II - IV Phase of the UT Arlington ATEP is based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the Level I Phase of Study requirements*
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Submission of three recommendation forms.
- Submission of ATEP application with transcripts (for transfer students who did not complete the Level I requirements at UT Arlington).
- Completion of a personal interview with the ATEP Admissions Committee which will consist of the Program Director, the Clinical Education Coordinator, at least two staff athletic trainers and at least two upper-level athletic training students.
*Transfer students can meet the Level I requirements at their current junior or senior college or complete them upon arrival to UT Arlington. Contact Dr. Krawietz to determine what courses and clinical hours will be accepted for transfer credit.
For more information about the UT Arlington Athletic Training Education Program, contact:
Dr. Paul Krawietz