Membership Requirements and How to Apply
Below are minimum academic requirements for membership in Xi Alpha chapter. Potential members are also expected to exemplify worthy educational ideals, intend to continue in the field of education, and give evidence of leadership abilities.
All college coursework is taken into consideration.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher in the last 45 semester hours
- Unconditionally admitted to the Education program at UT Arlington*
- At least 45 semester hours earned by the end of the term prior to initiation
- UTeach Arlington students must have completed or be currently enrolled in EDUC 4331
* Most students join Kappa Delta Pi after beginning the Education program. However, students not entering the Education program until Fall 2014 may join in Spring 2014 if they already meet the Education program's GPA and THEA admission requirements.
Only UT Arlington graduate coursework is taken into consideration.
- GPA of 3.4 or higher for all graduate coursework completed
- Full graduate standing at UT Arlington
- At least 9 hours of graduate Education coursework earned by the end of the term prior to initiation
All of the above is subject to verification.
We accept applications and hold Initiation twice a year: once in the fall semester and once in the spring.
Application information for the current semester:
To receive access to the application you must e-mail Teaira Little to verify that you meet GPA requirements. Once it has been confirmed that you meet GPA requirements you will be sent an application via e-mail.
To apply for membership, applicants must submit:
- an application; and
- Initiate dues- You have the option of paying $53.00 ($42 societal+ $11 chapter) for 1 year of active membership or $99.00 ($78 societal + $21 chapter) for 2 years of active membership.
You are a lifetime member of Kappa Delta Pi, but in order to maintain active status you must pay annual dues. The above Initiate dues cover the cost for either your first year or first two years. This is only time you pay your dues directly to our chapter. Every time your active membership is about to expire, Kappa Delta Pi Headquarters will contact you directly with the option of renewing your membership.
For more information and updates, check out our secondary website. Click Here!