The Department of Communication hosted one of the department's most popular events. Communication Day, an annual event celebrating careers in the communication field, was held Oct. 22 in University Center's Bluebonnet Ballroom. The theme of the 6th Annual Comm Day was Destination Success.
Comm Day offers students a chance to network with top communication professionals and distinguished alumni who are eager to share tricks of the trade and help students increase their potential of landing a coveted communication position.
"Comm Day is an opportunity for students to explore the rich and diverse field of communication, including advertising, broadcast, communication studies, communication technology, journalism and public relations," offered Dr. Andrew Clark, chair of this year's event. "Alumni roundtables will allow current students to interact with departmental alum who are now working in the Communication industry.
Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price, a UTA alum, was keynote speaker for this year's event.
Destination Success also included a headshot booth, resume critiques and image consultation.
Panelists for Comm Day:
• Ben Taylor - Digital Strategist at Rockfish
• Claire Dunn - Account Executive at PAVLOV Agency
• Tanner Hearne - Director of Technology at The Music Bed
• Carlos Cucalon - Front-End Web Developer at Hanley Wood
• Shiraz Sultan - Creative, Interactive, and Marketing Recruiter at The BOSS Group
• Gentrie Pool - Sales Director at Sterling Administration
• Raquel Daisy – Communications Manager Better Business Bureau
• Jessica Dowdy – Public Relations Director Ft. Worth Convention and Visitors Bureau
• Jason Sickles – Senior Reporter Yahoo
• Reese Dunklin – Investigative Reporter Dallas Morning New
• Zoheb Hassanali – Photojournalist, KCEN Waco
• Jason Foster – Remote Broadcast Engineer, Photographer – KTVT, Dallas/Ft. Worth