Society of Professional Journalists- UTA Chapter
About Our Organization
This organization is for journalism, public relations, broadcast communication and any other communication majors. Anyone else expressing interest in the media are also welcome.
We are a branch of the national Society of Professional Journalists.
The Society of Professional Journalists is dedicated to the perpetuation of a free press as the cornerstone of our nation and our liberty.
- To promote this flow of information
- To maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press
- To stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism
- To foster excellence among journalists
- To inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists
- To encourage diversity in journalism
- To be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists
- To encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely