In addition to general requirements for the degree Bachelor of Arts in Communication, students take the following courses. For current course descriptions, please check the university catalog or myMav system.
ADVT Majors: A minimum of 39 semester hours, 18 of which must be 3000/4000-level courses.
- JOUR 1345 - Writing for Mass Media
- ADVT 2337 - Introduction to Advertising
- ADVT 3304 - Advertising Strategy
- ADVT 3305 - Advertising Media
- ADVT 3306 - Strategic Communication II
- ADVT 3307 - Advertising Case Studies
- ADVT 4301 - Advertising Campaigns
- PREL 2338 - Introduction to Public Relations
- COMM 2315 - Communication Theory
- COMM 3300 - Communication Technology
- COMM 3303 - Communication Graphics
- COMM 3310 - Communication Law and Regulations
- Other COMM 4000-level course
ADVT Minors: 18 hours, six of which must be 3000/4000-level, selected after consulting with an advisor.
For more information, contact the Communication Advising Office in Fine Arts Room 126, phone 817-272-5760.