In addition to general requirements for the degree Bachelor of Arts in Communication, students take the following courses. For current course descriptions, please check the university catalog or myMav system.
BCMN Majors: A minimum of 39 semester hours, 18 of which must be 3000/4000-level courses.
- JOUR 1345 - Writing for Mass Media
- BCMN 2347 - Broadcast Writing and Reporting
- BCMN 2357 - Radio Production
- BCMN 2358 - Television Workshop
- BCMN 2360 - Introduction to Broadcasting
- BCMN 3340 - Electronic News
- BCMN 3350 - Television Reporting
- BCMN 3355 - Broadcast Announcing or COMS 2305 - Business & Professional Speech
- BCMN 4350 - Television Reporting II
- COMM 2315 - Communication Theory
- COMM 3300 - Communciation Technology
- COMM 3310 - Communication Law and Regulations
- Three hours electives in the department
BCMN Minors: 18 hours, six of which must be 3000/4000-level, selected after consulting with an advisor.
For more information, contact the Communication Advising Office in Fine Arts Room 126, phone 817-272-5760.