In addition to general requirements for the degree Bachelor of Arts in Communication, students take the following courses. For current course descriptions, please check the university catalog or myMav system.
JOUR MAJORS: A minimum of 39 semester hours, 18 of which must be 3000/4000-level courses.
- COMM 4305 - Communication and Society
- COMM 4310 - Communication Law and Regulation
- JOUR 1345 - Writing for Mass Media
- JOUR 2340 - Photojournalism I
- JOUR 2346 - Reporting
- JOUR 3345 - News Editing
- JOUR 4325 - Specialized Reporting
- JOUR 4326 - Feature Writing
- JOUR 4346 - Public Affairs Reporting
- Six hours from the following courses:
- COMM 2300
- COMM 3301
- COMM 3303
- COMM 3320
- COMM 3350
- BCMN 3340
- BCMN 3350
- JOUR 3341
- JOUR 4327
- JOUR 4341
- JOUR 4395
- 3 hours COMS any level
- 3 hours electives in the department
- News-Editorial Journalism majors must meet the following math requirement:
- MATH 1308, Elementary Statistical Analysis, with a grade of C (2.0/4.0 scale) or higher, and three hours of college algebra or higher.
JOUR MINORS: 18 hours, six of which must be 3000/4000-level, selected after consulting with an advisor.
For more information, contact the Communication Advising Office in Fine Arts Room 126, phone 817-272-5760.