In addition to general requirements for the degree Bachelor of Arts in Communication, students take the following courses. For current course descriptions, please check the university catalog or myMav system.
General Core Requirements
- COMM 2315 Communication Theory 3
- COMM 3300 Communication Technology 3
- COMM 3310 Communication Law and Ethics 3
Courses in the Major
- JOUR 1345 Writing for Mass Media 3
- JOUR 2346 Reporting 3
- PREL 2338 Introduction to Public Relations 3
- COMM 3303 Communication Graphics 3
- PREL 3339 Public Relations Methods 3
- PREL 3355 Public Relations Case Studies 3
- PREL 4320 Public Relations Management 3
- PREL 4316 Public Relations Campaigns 3
- COMS 2305 Business and Professional Communication 3
- ADVT 2337 Introduction to Advertising 3
- ECON 2305 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
PREL 2338 INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC RELATIONS must be completed with a grade of C (2.0/4.0 scale) or higher before enrolling in any upper-level PREL courses.
Public relations majors must meet the following math requirement: MATH 1308 ELEMENTARY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS, with a grade of C (2.0/4.0 scale) or higher.
For more information, contact the Communication Advising Office in Fine Arts Room 126, phone 817-272-5760.