In addition to general requirements for the degree Bachelor of Arts in Communication, students take the following courses. For current course descriptions, please check the university catalog or myMav system.
PREL MAJORS: A minimum of 39 semester hours, 18 of which must be 3000/4000-level courses.
- COMM 3300 - Communication Technology
- COMM 3303 - Communication Graphics
- COMM 4310 - Communication Law and Regulations
- JOUR 1345 - Writing for Mass Media
- JOUR 2346 - Reporting
- PREL 2338 - Introduction to Public Relations
- PREL 3339 - Public Relations Methods
- PREL 3355 - Public Relations Case Studies
- PREL 4316 - Public Relations Campaigns
- PREL 4320 - Public Relations Management
- One of the following:
- COMM 4300 - Communication Research
- JOUR 3345 - News Editing
- JOUR 3350 Magazine Writing and Editing
- JOUR 4326 Feature Writing
- JOUR 4327 Opinion and Persuasive Writing
- PREL 4395 Professional Internship
PREL MINORS: 18 hours, six of which must be 3000/4000-level, selected after consulting with an advisor.
For more information, contact the Communication Advising Office in Fine Arts Room 126, phone 817-272-5760.