Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program builds upon the foundation of the masters of science in nursing and prepares nurses for advanced roles in leadership, clinical expertise, and innovation in problem recognition and resolution using evidence-based practice.
Courses include leadership, translation of evidence into clinical practice, health policy, epidemiology and specialized clinical practice. The 36 credit hour program uses blended online, intensive/immersion and traditional classroom delivery formats. The required courses (36 hours) identified for the DNP curriculum meet the AACN Essentials for Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. (AACN, August 2006.)
APPLICANTS - Please note application deadlines for the College of Nursing and Health Innovation are different than those for the University.
- Fall - applications are due May 1st
- Translate clinical and/or administrative science to transform practice.
- Demonstrate organizational and systems leadership in promoting interprofessional collaboration and quality improvement.
- Appraise and synthesize the evidence for translation in advanced nursing practice.
- Apply knowledge of information systems and technology in the evaluation and use of data to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Analyze and advocate policy to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Evaluate issues and trends in global and population health to improve healthcare outcomes.
As of May 31, 2016 the program is open to most MSN-prepared nurses, provided the institution granting their MSN degree is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, or an equivalent accrediting body. Unconditional admission may be granted to eligible nurses with earned GPAs of 3.5 or higher.
Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Texas at Arlington.
Donna L. Hamby, DNP, RN, APRN, ACNP-BC
Director, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Assistant Professor, Clinical, College of Nursing
Contact us via email: email@example.com